Lets say for example, you have an online store where you want customers to be able to easily purchase multiple items. By default, product pages only have the 'add to cart' button. This gives them the option to purchase one product and checkout easily.
If you want them to be able to purchase multiple products with ease, we have the option to add an 'alternate button'.
To add an alternate button:
- Head to Sell & Fundraise > Items.
- Click into the item you want to add the alternate button on.
- Scroll down to the 'Add-To' Buttons' section.
- Enter a label for your button & set the URL the button should take you to.
- Scroll up & click save!
Ways the alternate button can be used:
- Some organizations like to enter the same URL of the page they're editing, so that when the button is clicked it adds the item to cart and refreshes the page so another can be added. This is good for event registrations where you need to collect registration details for each registrant (rather than adding a quantity of 10 to cart and only collecting the billing details for the person paying).
- Other's use it as more of an upsell feature - e.g. 'Add to Cart & Add Additional Donation' and then link through to a donation page. If you do it this way, you need to make sure the donation page is also add-to-cart-style, as they need to end up in the cart to pay for both items. If they end up on a one-page donation form and that make a donation on that page, the initial item they added to cart will be left in their cart.
- Another way to use it could add something like "Add to Cart & Continue Shopping" or just "Continue Shopping" and then link that button back to your main online store page. This will allow people to add a product to their cart and will then redirect them to your online store to continue shopping before checking out.