[posts style="carousel-images" type="1"]
Have you recently discovered the photo slider shortcode in our new page templates and have gone to use it but are unsure how to make it display your images?
- Your first step is to create a feed. You can do this by heading to Settings & Admin > Feeds & Blogs. Click the green 'Add' button and name the feed whatever you like, and make sure the type selected is 'Carousel Images'. You don't need to worry too much about any of the other settings - just hit save
- On the left hand menu go to Website. Now appearing under Website will be your feed you just created - click into it.
- Click the green 'Add' button to add a post. You will need to add each image as an individual post.
- Upload the image and make sure the status is set to online (again, don't worry too much about the other settings) and hit save.
5. Once you've uploaded all of your images, go back to the main page of your feed that displays all of the posts you just uploaded (Website > Your Feed).
6. Click into the URL and copy the last number.
7. Paste/replace the number after 'type' with the number you just copied from the URL.
e.g. [posts style="carousel-images" type="1"] now becomes [posts style="carousel-images" type="6"]
N.B. The carousel shortcode uses a variable height x full width. So, if it's not within a container it will be full width of the page and scale the height proportionally. If it's within a container it will be full width of the container and scale the height proportionally. You may need to play around with placing it in certain containers. You could also try the Marquee Images shortcode instead.
[posts style="marquee-images" type="5" limit="14"]
Follow the same steps as above.
You may want to put a limit in the number of posts/images you want to display in the marquee - you can do this as above by replacing the number with the number of posts you have created.
N.B. The marquee shortcode uses a fixed width of 300pixels and scales the height accordingly.